Wednesday 27 May 2009

Story telling : Rama and Shinta



A long time ago, there was beautiful woman named Shinta. She lived in the middle of forest with her husband, Rama. And Laksmana, Rama’s brother.
          One day Shinta saw the golden deer.
          “Rama, that’s a golden deer! It’s very nice. Would you catch it for me?” said Shinta.
          “Sure Shinta! I’ll do whatever you want” answered Rama.
          “Good luck darling!”
          Then, Rama went to catch the golden deer. But, he didn’t come home for a long time.
          “Oh, why has Rama come yet? Laksmana, can you look for Rama? I’m afraid something happened to him.” asked Shinta.
          “Ok Shinta. But, you must enter this circle. And, don’t exit before Rama and I come back! This circle will protect you. Get it?”
          “Yes, I get it. Thanks Laksmana. Be careful!”
          Laksmana went to look for his brother. Few minutes later, an old man came to Shinta.
          “Uhuk uhuk… help me miss… I’m hungry… I’m thirsty… Help… Help… I haven’t eaten yet. Uhuk uhuk…” said the old man.
“What a poor man you are… come on! I’ll help you.”
Shinta felt pity on the old man; she helped the old man immediately. Unconsciously, she exited the circle. And, suddenly the old man changed into the strong giant.
          “Ha… 5x… I’m Rahwana! I’m just changed my self into an old man… … to force you get out of that circle. And … I can take you to my castle, in Alengka… ha…4x … come on Shinta! Join me!”
          “Oh no, help me Rama Laksmana help…!” shouted Shinta
          Rahwana took Shinta to Alengka. And in the forest, when Rama came home he didn’t see Shinta. He was very angry. He would like to destroy the world. However, Rama stopped him. Then, they looked for Shinta together.  
          On the journey, they met Hanuman. Actually, hanuman knew who had taken Shinta where Shinta was.
          “uk…uk…”
          “Hanuman, do you really know where Shinta id? Oh Hanuman please … help me!”
          “kuk-kuk kakak”
          “Hanuman, do you agree! Thanks a lot Hanuman”
          “Kaka kuku kaka kuku?”
          “Now, let’s go to Alengka. And take Shinta back.”
          “uk…uk…”
          After that, Hanuman followed Rama’s instruction. He went to Alengka. In Alengka, he found shinta in Angsoka park.
          “How do you can here? And, Hanuman, what are you doing?” asked Shinta.
          “Kuku…kaka…”
          “Do you want to help me? Oh, thanks a lot Hanuman”
          Then, one of Alengka’s soldiers saw Hanuman. But, Hanuman didn’t know that.
          “Hey, catch him! The strong white monkey! It will take Shinta! Catch! Let’s catch him!”
          “Oh no! Come on Hanuman! Let’s go!”
          “Kuku … kuk”
          But, what could Shinta do? The soldiers had caught Hanuman. Then, he was brought to Rahwana. And, he would get the punishment.
          “Ha … 5x… what are you doing Hanuman? You will take Shinta? Do you think you can do it? Ha…5x … ok! I’ll give you a punishment; your tail will be wrapped by oily clothes, then burn. Ha…5x” laughed Rahwana.
          “Kaka…kuku…”
          “Oh no Hanuman!” shouted Shinta.
          Shinta was very surprised at the punishment for Hanuman. Then, she prayed. She asked the Fire god to let hanuman still live.
With the power of the Fire god, just the top of hanuman’s tail burnt, and the rope came off. Then, he jumped on the roof by roof in Alengka. So, there was a great fire started. He went to Rama. He told what happened in Alengka.
Then, Rama, Laksmana and Hanuman went to Alengka.
“Hi Rahwana! Give me Shinta back!!” shouted Rama.
“Ha…ha…ha…what do you say Rama? Ha…ha…ha… Ok! If you want to bring Shinta, let’s have a duel!”
Rahwana died at the time Rama shook the row to Rahwana’s chest.
Shinta was very happy to see Rama come back in perfect condition, but, Rama thought that Shinta has stayed with Rahwana. Therefore, Rama didn’t conceder Shinta a holy queen anymore.
“Oh…Rama I miss you”
“No Shinta! You are not my queen! You have stayed with Rahwana. You are not a holy queen. I don’t want you anymore”
“Ok! If you think that I’m not a holy, so burnt me! Burnt me please! Laksmana burnt me!”
Then, Laksmana burnt Shinta. But, the miracle was happen. When the fire was a light, the Fire god helped Shinta come out of the fire. Shinta’s body not injured, it made her more beautiful.
The Fire god said Rama, Shinta, inside and outside, is still a holy woman. Protect her always.”said
Finally, they were happy ever after.





Name           : Uni Tsulasi Putri
Class/numb    : 9B/35

1 comment: